In continuation of Online Hub Educational Services ongoing #OneStudentOneSkill initiative, we are excited to announce the first edition of the Summer of Code program in Abeokuta. For the 2018 edition, the holiday program aims to introduce teenagers to STEM and computer programming.
OnlineHubNG will equip young teens with topnotch knowledge to forge their own path and find a niche in the evolving technology based economy.
The #SummerOfCode program is a supervised 3-day’s hands-on capacity building training for teenagers to acquire digital skills at RockSpace Nigeria (the 1st Coworking Space and Ideation Lab in Abeokuta).
- Venue: Participants would be expected to arrive early for the 3-days session.
- Equipment: Participants must come with their personal laptop and charger.
- Refreshment: Participants should be able to sort their lunch for the 3-days session.
- OnlineHubNG in partnership with RockSpace Nigeria will for the first time offer a 3-days FREE intensive hands-on #SummerOfCode training for 25 teenagers between 13 and 19 years in and around the city of Abeokuta, Ogun State.
- The training is scheduled to hold from Tuesday, 14th August – Thursday, 16th August, 2018 by 9am daily at RockSpace Nigeria, 7, Mercy Drive, Off Kuforiji Olubi, Quarry Road, Abeokuta, Ogun State.
- The Curriculum: We have identified and developed 5 basic (viable) Computer-themed Skills area (namely, Website Development, Graphics Design, Coding & Programming, Photography and Applied Digital Skills) aimed at helping these students make informed decisions, avail them the platforms to learn and relearn the new technological trends in this evolving digital age.
- The experience of the program goes far beyond enjoying the fun activities. Teenagers learn character-building skills; develop greater self-confidence, leadership and team-building skills. Plus they develop friendships that can last a lifetime.
- The 3-days high energy program for teenagers is filled with excitement and activities that promote growth and help students to create their own path to success using the social change model.
Participation is FREE and on first come, first serve basis. To reserve a spot, pre-register via: bit.ly/onlinehubngsummerofcode. Deadline for indication of interest is Friday, 10th August, 2018. You can also contact our Reservations Department at 08094082449, 07030469137 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org